Thursday, October 21, 2010

Affianced/Betrothed/Husband-to-be, And Other Such Fun Synonyms

SO.....Last Friday (the 15th) I asked this amazing woman Jen Catalfamo to marry me on the beach of Virginia.....And she said yes!

1-What?? Nice!
2-I am one lucky man.
3-Welp, looks like I'll be getting THAT resized.

Up to this point, as I witnessed close friends getting engaged, planning a wedding....I always wondered what thats like. Whats it like to go to marriage counseling? To make a guest list? Have a registry, start a knot page? (link to come soon!) and MANY other things involved in this amazing event. I have heard things like "This is the most stressful thing anyone will ever endure." To "It's an amazing blessing for 2 people to go through." and just about everything in between.

I feel we as people tend to over-hype many things in our life which ultimately leads to disappointment....and while I tried not to do that before our engagement, I can say for me personally, this has lived up to every ounce of anticipation I tried not to muster up :)

I LOVE planning this with my future wife (and yes, I understand some things are just not fun to do...) I love that we both want to honor God in as many ways as possible in our wedding, and show others exactly what were about as a couple.

I love that we're both about a short engagement...:)

While I'll try and not make this blog about the things I love, I will make a point that God has clearly....CLEARLY blessed me with what I do not deserve (in many areas of life) and one of my goals in life is to honor him through marriage and a family...(eventually!)

Through this process, whatever it may look like for us, I'm pretty much one excited man who has much to learn in the marriage department....:)

1 comment:

  1. You two keep God first and all you do WILL be blessed. He promises :)

    ReplyDelete