Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 16 - A Song That You Used to Love but Now Hate

I don't hate this song so much as it has been filtered out of my song collection.

Without Me by Eminem.

Continuing the song challenge- I used to be a massive Eminem Fan. Why? Great question, not really sure. While talented at the construction of words in songs, most of his put you in a bad place mentally.

I think that's a point about music that a lot of people don't realize. What I listen to can and will dictate my thought life. This point reminds me of a quote from Mike Kelsey.....(Pastor at McLean Bible)

"They are a people who go astray in their heart." (Psalm 95:10) pay attention to your heart (thoughts, desires, affections) not just your behavior.

My music affects this greatly. What I once considered no big deal, God revealed that what I listen to is actually a very big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment