Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life Lately- Boldness And A Passion Pursued.

 -Soul Surfer is a fantastic movie. Carrie Underwood is a great singer. Unfortunately, someone decided to combine the two to create that which would later result in the executive decision to have her go from speaking roles in the first part of the film, to significantly looking at things in the latter. Still a great movie though and worth a watch.

-I have recently been in a lesson about boldness from God. I think the point is- what I would miss in life if I didn't take certain steps (sometimes out of shear terror)...for instance...

  •    I would never have met my wife. In fact, I constantly tell her I bet some alternate version of myself is out there somewhere watching my life and kicking himself for never asking her out as he scores his 160th Fantasy Football victory in a row. Awesome? Yes. Guinness worthy? Maybe. Worth it? Absolutely not. He knows and weeps this fact.
  • I never would have experienced the moment of practicing God of This City with the lead guitarist from Crossroads, to then have the drummer unexpectedly add a beat to our session mid-song. Indescribable, and electrifying really. 
  •  I wouldn't get to know people. Hear their stories, and learn from their experiences. 

-Watched the season premier of survivor the other night. Ever wonder how you would socially react on that show? I do. A few seasons back there was a guy who was really interesting socially. He lied, cheated, stole, and promised a lot of people he would take them to the end.(where your fellow survivors get to vote if you win or not) He actually did make it to the end twice (no easy task) only to be shot down by voters who saw him for who he truly was. His claim to the money was that he played the game so well he deserved it, but in the end, non of the jury voted for him because of his character. I find that fascinating.

      1 comment:

      1. Count it all joy my son.....except for the lying, cheating, stealing part :)
        My boldness has me flying across the country with a 2 year old. Who would have ever guessed? Rely on Christ daily (every minute some days) and He will lead you right where you belong. promise :)

        ReplyDelete