Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful

Now would probably be a good month to write about thankfulness ;)

despite my complete abandonment of this blog, life has been...well, awesome. There are many reasons to thank our God.

Parenting

Getting into this will be interesting! We are due Christmas Eve. (hoping for earlier) with a little girl :) :) :) (interestingly enough, we were both hoping for one)

I  am assuming this is probably abnormal, (?) but I have pretty much zero fear or anxiety about stepping into this role- almost as if this is exactly what is supposed to be happening in my life. I felt the same way about marriage beforehand. I think part of the reasoning is the amount of examples of both successful marriages, and parents in my life.

We are immensely blessed to have parents who have been where we are, and give sound advice! It always excites me to look at how God has fit the pieces together in mine and Jen's life, to put us in a place where He is glorified, and we are provided for. Looking forward to 12/24/13.

Church

Church has been  one of the biggest blessings in our life. This year in particular has been very geared (for myself) towards bending my everyday rhythms towards God, incorporating Him into all that I do- A big part of this is being accomplished through Huddle, and while I am not (at all) the biggest fan of meeting at 6:30 am on a Wednesday, every single time has been worth it- as it is encouraging me to seek after God more and more.



There are a few other things going on, but overall I am excited to be apart of a community that is both unwavering on God's word AND boldly loving people the way Christ instructs us to do.<------- This, is a very hard balance to strike in a lot of churches I have noticed. Something I don't think can be done apart from Him- very excited (and thankful) to see this take place on a regular basis!
 




Work

Oh work....The many things I would like to write about and can't ;) BUT, this year has been awesome. I have instituted a lot of change over here at Genesis. This year, probably more so than any other, is less about learning my role- and more about just flat out improving fundamental office/company practices.

I am indefinitely thankful of where I am in career- seriously love what I do.

Finances

I include this section because things really did change at the beginning of the year. I think God got a hold of these and urged a change in direction.

Back at the end of October- we started attending FPU (and are currently attending through December) and love it. We have a fantastic coordinator! ;) Long description short, it covers a lot of money topics. (insurance, investing, emergency funds)

It has been a long year of financial reworking, but the progress has been AWESOME. This year, I have really taken a passionate interest in money- and especially what God has to say about stewardship in general...I have much (MUCH) to learn, but know more than I ever did..So, very thankful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving!












No comments:

Post a Comment