Friday, December 16, 2011

Consistency Part 2

Continuing on from my previous post- I find it fascinating the decision to draw close to God despite the obvious acknowledgement of unworthiness.

David returned to God.
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
   and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
 Do not cast me from your presence
   or take your Holy Spirit from me.
 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
   and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me
.

Similar story with Jonah, who recognized his despair.
To the roots of the mountains I sank down; 
the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you, Lord my God, 

brought my life up from the pit. 


Gideon got to see God's provision, despite initial hesitation.
Thus Midian was subdued before the Israelites and did not raise its head again. During Gideon’s lifetime, the land had peace forty years. 

Lately I have been thinking about the decisions people, and myself, make. How the results of decisions are very consistent with the values of which they are made. What's the rock of my decision making, and how could it be better? (decisions can always be better) How am I improving others with my decisions, or is it just about how I can benefit? The decisions David, Jonah, Gideon, and many other biblical people make, all have that interesting turning point from self-service decision making, to God praising/glorifying decision making. From that comes the benefit of others, and the fulfillment of the role He has made me for.

 Important end-note: God honoring people help with this particular goal ;) and He has blessed me with what I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment