Thursday, June 24, 2010

Influences-People

Have you ever stopped to evaluate who/what influences you? People can and do go entire lifetimes without ever noticing one of the biggest influences of all, people.

As with almost everything in life, I feel I have a choice, and one of the most important decisions I will ever make is who I let influence me. I love observing what/how people make decisions. What factors go into their decisions. I think that's how I pick who influences me, how they live their life and what kind of decisions they make.

Another route I took in my younger years is the mistake of not consciously picking my close friends, and letting them pick me. It's very important whos opinion you value, because that person or persons are likely to be your close friends.

I feel it's SOO important to choose because of the tree of events that sprout from those who influence you. Chances are you will have similar thought patterns and decision making habits (atleast I tend to anyway) and that will pretty much decide how you live your life! Crazy when I think of the implications....

There are those in my life who are my friends for sure, but sadly, I cannot allow them to influence me in anyway. (And its funny how THAT leads to a path of mistrust and uncertainty with those people)

Not just anybody should be my close circle of friends, because whether I realize it or not, they will have an impact...for bad or good. (I think this is true for others as well.)

I am very thankful God has put many an amazing people in my life who have influenced me to be a much better person then before I met them....and Know He will do the same in my new home. I just have to make the right choice....that's what it all can be traced back to, a choice.

-Sean

1 comment:

  1. You have been a good influence on both your friends and family! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete