Sunday, June 6, 2010

Treasure

As the name implies, what do you value in your life? Whats a treasure....something you sought for a long time and would be crushed to lose? Something you value but not just for a short time. The word treasure I feel implies long lasting value.

I realize there are many treasures in my life, and I bet there are a lot in yours if you look for them...as simple as being thankful for something.

One of my treasures I got to experience this past weekend was an adventure with some amazing friends from Nova. Catching up, boating, wakeboarding, and having conversations that make you think about very important things.


I cannot urge you enough to be thankful and consider the treasures YOU (not you compared to someone else) have. Some time and consideration will reveal what gifts God has blessed you with in this life.

On another completely random note; have you ever stopped to consider how active God really is in this world? How easy it is to miss it? I was talking to an old friend who recently got back from a mission trip to a third world middle east country and was simply astounished at how much God has used him over there. Subtle ways in individual lives. Nothing that would ever make the news or seem to have much of an impact at all but in truth...has a monumentous impack in the eternal kingdom. One treasure to consider is how God has not forgotten us. He is slow to anger and quick to guide us in His plan!

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment