Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another One? Really?

I don't know why, but I have felt like blogging a lot recently....I have also taking a liking to this style...

-I'm going snowboarding this weekend. For those that do not know, I LOVE to snowboard....it is a passion in life.

-I have recently begun to hate being engaged. You never hear how wonderful engagement is about mid-way through. Thats because it's like wandering through an endless desert of days, only to arrive at the unfathomable mountain of wait. Ok; a bit of an exaggeration. But I do want to be married already. I would be very seriously tempted to go to our local courthouse like...now if it weren't a complete slap in the face to our friends, family, and both our desires to have an evangelical ceremony. I don't see how a year long engagement is even possible...Thank God I'm not on that boat.

-I have been obsessed with GT5 (Gran-Turismo 5) lately. A game most gamers would find dull. I love it nonetheless.

-I have a fear of flying. More of a phobia really. And it's not like I'm afraid of crashing and dying. As soon as I step on a plane i get really claustrophobic (no plane could be big enough)also, once I realize I can't get off the plane of my own accord, I start panicking. I guess I don't like the no-turn-back factor. (Which is odd because I don't have commitment issues) It has kept me from going on some amazing trips with friends and overall experiencing life. I have resolved to solve this somehow with the help of people in my life...Ideas appreciated :)

-I have had many fears in life.(Some of them are absolutely ridiculous looking back. Case in point, Elevators) Most of which I have gotten over with the exception of a few. I also resolve to not raise my kids with these silly fears.

-I still love my job. This is the longest period I have gone actually enjoying what I do

-Jen does not like hers....I try to encourage by saying you will appreciate your next job that much more. I admire her admittance to the fact that she does not have to stay at her current job, and can find another. A quality I lacked these past few years.

-This one's going to be a bit of a shock to some....I don't like Christmas, and would prefer to not get presents. Yes, I am a grinch...lol. (that is to say...the commercial xmas. I love the actual meaning. And some stuff I do like, such as lights and songs...thats about it though)

-I don't like the sense of obligation that comes with the holidays. If you get a gift and don't give one in return...you feel bad. I know i should want to give gifts but I just don't. I would love to serve you in some other way absolutely, but I don't want to shop for you (this may possibly stem from my hatred of shopping)

-I read a blog from our premarital counselor, Rob Shepherd. (robshep.com) that made a few awesome points about surrounding yourself with different people, and people who are better then you at one of your particular interests. I just want to reiterate that point in the event that I go back and read this...I tend to like to feel like I'm the best at whatever I do. Not only is that rarely ever true, but a bad habit as well.

-I have constantly been mixing up "marital counseling" and "premarital counseling."....as was pointed out to me, big difference.

-I want to start using the semi-colon more...this was brought upon by my community group. I will learn how to use that darn thing!

-Out!

4 comments:

  1. Now I know why you like to play tennis with me....its cuz I'm better than you ;) its the slice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that's right. Few things in life are as frustrating as being caught off guard by your tennis shot that seems to defy physics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that explains a lot! Note to self: No more gift giving. Here I thought it was just me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have thought I rubbed off on you with my amazing Christmas spirit that last from September through December every year Sean.

    ReplyDelete