Monday, January 3, 2011

Encouragement

How many people do you keep in touch with regularly? A lot? A Little?

I don't find myself keeping in touch with a great many people; but with the few people I do I have begun to notice something different.

Positive steps in their life. Now, I find it important to notice these things so as to highlight them in conversation. I find it easier more often then not to point out whatever is wrong about something that is said or being done. Baby steps towards a better life is something I need to both recognize and encourage advancement of. criticism IS important (not to devalue) but I see criticism being valued over encouragement more often then not.

Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11

Granted, that is the way Paul ended a letter. But I think it still applies.

I have found it rewarding to take the focus off of myself at times and take note of an ongoing maturing process in someone els's life. They appreciate me noticing it, and I know I helped said process continue.

-My thoughts on a Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment