Monday, June 20, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge, Day 01 - Your Favorite Song

I dare not say I love music. Mainly because people who I hear use that phrase are one minute listening to Disney's Arabian Nights, and the very next listening to 12 after. Never heard of them? My point exactly.

But I am very passionate about the music I listen to, and am very intrigued by this 30 day song challenge...So here we go.

Day 01 - Your Favorite Song
An interesting question. One that probably fluctuates with time and places in life...But my overall favorite song of all time would have to be Deathbed by Relient K



This is a song I have tried for sometime to learn on piano. (the chords used sound very well just by themselves)

I love the lyrics used, the instruments, and the overall meaning. Redemption and the transition of earthly life to heaven being a massive celebration. Not normally a fan of 11 minute long songs, but the story has captivated me. (also- Jon Foreman makes a guest appearance as Jesus in the end...pretty awesome.)

This challenge has been first noticed (then fallen victim to interwebual thievery) by me on this blog. Definitely worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment