Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 06 - A Song That Reminds You Of Somewhere

This one was admittedly difficult and forced me to look through my library.

I very easily made the decision The Authority Song by Jimmy Eat World after coming across it.

I discovered this song during wrap-up one night on the production team of The Gathering. I guess everytime I hear it my mind goes back to my "college" days (I did not attend GMU but have been told I was on the campus more then some students..lol)

More of what the song reminds me of then what it actually means, it brings me back to the time where I (along with the many passionate students of GMU) put our heart into making Christ's name famous on that campus. GMU is a place that will always strike some sort of fire within me.

I have to be careful to not give the impression I actually attended this college...I did not. But like a family of Christ, many of the students accepted me as one of their own.

Whenever I hear this song in the future, it will always remind me of the drastic way God intervened in my life- and who He did it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment