Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 04 - A Song That Makes You Sad

This is probably going to sound odd, but I love a really sad song. There is something deep about sadness in a song that sticks with me. I have tagged to download/buy many a sad song.

Today's choice is- Arlington by Trace Adkins

I love Trace Adkins (especially recently) specifically for lyrical talent. (and he puts on a pretty good show live!)

This song reminds me of what it costs to some for me to be able to enjoy life in this great country, and how well that parallels with what Christ did for me. Both of which died for me to be free. Over the 200+ years we have been a country, countless men have decided their life is worth the freedom America represents.

I truly believe God gives a special kind of attention to the soldiers who sacrificed their life for people they don't even know.

If I had to use one word for this song it would be sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment