Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 10 - A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep

This song definitely has that "dream" feel to it but the message is so amazing!

When I Go Down By Relient K


You give me hope, and hope it gives me life
You touch my heavy heart, and when you do you make it light
As I exhale I hear your voice
And I answer you, though I hardly make a noise
And from my lips the words I choose to say
Seem pathetic, but it's fallen man's praise
Because I love you
Oh God, I love you
And life is now worth living
If only because of you
And when they say that I am dead and gone
It won't be further from the truth


It reminds me so many times of not only what I see in the world around me, but myself as well. A brokenness that every person comes to in life at some point, and a hope that is offered in that place. A hope from a God who's heart is an immeasurable amount of broken for you. 

When I go down
I lift my eyes to you
I won't look very far
Cause you'll be there
With open arms
To lift me up again
To lift me up again

No comments:

Post a Comment