Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You of A Certain Event

Return by Needtobreathe

I will never forget this concert. It was my first christian concert and to shamefully admit, I didn't care about any of the artists initially.

The concert was Awakening Fest September 13th 2008 at Bull Run Park. Newsboys headlined, Matthew West was there, Skillet too. If I could go back in time I would give myself a pretty serious slap upside the cranium for not sticking around for Newsboys or Matthew West. 2008 version of me= LAME.

The reason I went to this concert was because I was invited by friends.(OHH YEAH- and I was also trying to capture the heart of a certain female companion...woo'd she was not.) It took a little research, but I finally found a lineup for that day- def kicking myself for not caring.

Interestingly enough Needtobreathe wasn't on any lineup that I found. But I will never forget when they got on stage to play. There was no introduction. Just a guy who came out in a suit, sat down at a piano, and started playing this song.

After hearing their set I immediately bought their album. It was just as amazing as their live preformance. The album is called The Heat and still is one of my favorites to this day. Rarely is there an album that I like almost every song on it- This is one of them.

1 comment:

  1. I love Needtobreathe. They are my favorite. New album comes out this year.

    ReplyDelete